I was fascinated by a story in today’s Sunday Times reporting the UK has more forest than at any time since 1750. It seems we are planting more trees than ever. Is there a place more mystical than an ancient woodland? The header for this blog shows a gnarled hawthorn. In the woods of Cannock Chase there have been murders, bodies buried, suicides, rumours of satanic cults and midnight meets for biker gangs. Occasionally people go hiking and enjoy picnics too. The woods are tied closely into our folklore…..they inspired this story, The Forest, about a man who becomes desperate to escape his dreadful job.
- @holly_bourneYA She clearly didn't fancy vaulting the gate... 1 day ago
- RT @davepr2000: Our space wedding in this month’s @Exclusive_LN magazine! @cobbers1978 ❤️🚀🛰⭐️🌕 https://t.co/vnQqgIiIrY 1 day ago
- @rebeccapricey @LondonMidland Must've been plenty of tiers afterwards... ☺️ 1 day ago
- RT @lisagravesart: No lie, cancer takes things away from you both physically and mentally. But one thing it gives you is: PERSPECTIVE.… 1 day ago
- RT @vorropohaiah: This could be a screen shot of my writing folder #writerslife #amwriting https://t.co/lSalFDAtAS 2 days ago