I was fascinated by a story in today’s Sunday Times reporting the UK has more forest than at any time since 1750. It seems we are planting more trees than ever. Is there a place more mystical than an ancient woodland? The header for this blog shows a gnarled hawthorn. In the woods of Cannock Chase there have been murders, bodies buried, suicides, rumours of satanic cults and midnight meets for biker gangs. Occasionally people go hiking and enjoy picnics too. The woods are tied closely into our folklore…..they inspired this story, The Forest, about a man who becomes desperate to escape his dreadful job.
- Delighted to report that louvre doors feature in the latest chapter I'm editing... 1 hour ago
- @lisagravesart nestling between boxsets of Wyatt's Watchdogs and Dogfood Dan and the Carmarthen Cowboy.. 1 week ago
- What, no Chance in a Million? twitter.com/lisagravesart/… 1 week ago
- @writermels @agentmilburn @SentinelStaffs I did. Deserved too...enjoy your success. You've certainly earned it.. 2 weeks ago
- @writermels @agentmilburn @SentinelStaffs just reading it now well done... https://t.co/AkRPtGGY5G 2 weeks ago