This is the door to a dusty little chapel in Eccleshall Road cemetery in Stafford.
It’s the kind of chapel where birds get in and flit around inside. There are books left open on pews. The paper is brittle and the colour of a smoker’s ceiling.
I’ve never seen anyone enter or leave the chapel. Some say it’s haunted. Close by is the memorial to the fire-dead from the Town workhouse. More of that later.
- RT @stokecity: If we can build on today’s important win and solid performance for the remainder of the season then we’ll be pretty happy, R… 21 hours ago
- RT @njak_100: Govt decision to freeze fuel duty since 2010 has already seen lost tax income equal constriction cost of HS2, while increasin… 1 day ago
- RT @JonnyGeller: When a writer realises something is not working in their novel, I get her/him to ask 3 things: -what did they want the re… 1 day ago
- RT @Markgatiss: When Tilda and I signed up, the script was great! 😞 twitter.com/baddiel/status… 2 days ago
- RT @HWarlow: I know it’s a lot of snowy pictures but they are all good ones! This is by Stanley Roy Badmin (1906-89) English Painter and… 4 days ago