This is the door to a dusty little chapel in Eccleshall Road cemetery in Stafford.
It’s the kind of chapel where birds get in and flit around inside. There are books left open on pews. The paper is brittle and the colour of a smoker’s ceiling.
I’ve never seen anyone enter or leave the chapel. Some say it’s haunted. Close by is the memorial to the fire-dead from the Town workhouse. More of that later.
- @StaffsNews Western bypass 'traffic busting' claim is a myth. It's only being built to provide access to major house building plans 2 days ago
- RT @Anna_Hogarty: #Writers! You've got until 30th June to enter @agentmilburn non-fiction competition, with a sample, synopsis + pitch http… 2 days ago
- RT @MrKenShabby: This truly wonderful Roger story from @marchaynes is soothing my aching soul. 😪 https://t.co/DM7zhybLrs 3 days ago
- RT @JasonHazeley: In which I write about Ever Decreasing Circles. Again. …reverdecreasingcircles.blogspot.co.uk/2017/05/a-degr… 6 days ago
- RT @agentmilburn: Fiona Barton's favourite cold-cases and The Child book trailer revealed - madeleinemilburn.co.uk/fiona-bartons-… https://t.co/5D8ib8sPXs 1 week ago