Any empty building is easy prey for thieves. The Three Tuns pub has been closed in Doxey, Stafford, for a couple of years. It stands empty and the advent of cheap supermarket liquor has put the squeeze on many of our pubs it seems.
Doxey has around 3,500 people but no pub. The Doxey Arms also closed and stands derelict. A pub is a vital part of the community and it is hard to see these premises ever reopening. Copper is worth a great deal and the risks seem worth it to some in a recession. Copper cabling is pinched from the railways as well as old buildings. This hastily prepared sign is warning thieves not to bother here……
- Delighted to report that louvre doors feature in the latest chapter I'm editing... 1 hour ago
- @lisagravesart nestling between boxsets of Wyatt's Watchdogs and Dogfood Dan and the Carmarthen Cowboy.. 1 week ago
- What, no Chance in a Million? twitter.com/lisagravesart/… 1 week ago
- @writermels @agentmilburn @SentinelStaffs I did. Deserved too...enjoy your success. You've certainly earned it.. 2 weeks ago
- @writermels @agentmilburn @SentinelStaffs just reading it now well done... https://t.co/AkRPtGGY5G 2 weeks ago