Any empty building is easy prey for thieves. The Three Tuns pub has been closed in Doxey, Stafford, for a couple of years. It stands empty and the advent of cheap supermarket liquor has put the squeeze on many of our pubs it seems.
Doxey has around 3,500 people but no pub. The Doxey Arms also closed and stands derelict. A pub is a vital part of the community and it is hard to see these premises ever reopening. Copper is worth a great deal and the risks seem worth it to some in a recession. Copper cabling is pinched from the railways as well as old buildings. This hastily prepared sign is warning thieves not to bother here……
- @holly_bourneYA She clearly didn't fancy vaulting the gate... 1 day ago
- RT @davepr2000: Our space wedding in this month’s @Exclusive_LN magazine! @cobbers1978 ❤️🚀🛰⭐️🌕 https://t.co/vnQqgIiIrY 1 day ago
- @rebeccapricey @LondonMidland Must've been plenty of tiers afterwards... ☺️ 2 days ago
- RT @lisagravesart: No lie, cancer takes things away from you both physically and mentally. But one thing it gives you is: PERSPECTIVE.… 2 days ago
- RT @vorropohaiah: This could be a screen shot of my writing folder #writerslife #amwriting https://t.co/lSalFDAtAS 2 days ago