- RT @StaffsPolice: Staffordshire Police v NYPD in Transatlantic Battle of the Badges! socsi.in/8lfiY 1 day ago
- RT @laurenlaverne: Just heard about Mr Egg. Gutted for you, #Birmingham. 2 days ago
- Wow! Great news, Mel... twitter.com/writermels/sta… 4 days ago
- @TardellisScream yeah, I'm 200 pages in and have been hooked from the first pages. Bet he's upset a few... 5 days ago
- Staggering amount of research gone into Bruce Robinson's They All Love Jack. Fascinating read... 5 days ago
Author Archives: richlakin
I’ve never had my work performed by an actor so what a great experience to listen to Jack Trow reading my story Lye Noon. You can listen to it … Continue reading
I had the great news earlier this month that my short story ‘A Little Love’ has won the Cardiff Review short story award. There’s an excerpt of the story here and a full version in the Fall edition of the … Continue reading
I had the fantastic news today that my novel Garage Flowers has been selected as the winner of Madeleine Milburn Literary, TV and Film Agency’s ‘Make Us Scared’ competition. The official announcement is on the agency website here. I’m delighted … Continue reading
Thanks to English Heritage for picking up my Day Out in Shropshire piece on their Facebook page here. Boscobel House is a great place to visit with a fascinating story….
I’m playing hooky, skiving, swinging the lead, whatever you want to call it. The sky is black and a stiff wind is getting up, sending frothing waves crashing into the shore. Blobs of foam drift over my head and I … Continue reading
A piece I wrote about a perfect day in Shropshire The sun sparkles on the Severn. Rushing waters fetched down from the Welsh mountains shimmer as they twist and turn beneath us. We’re standing on the Ironbridge built in 1779. … Continue reading
My review of Lisa Blower’s Stoke-on-Trent-based novel Sitting Ducks has been published on Structo literary magazine’s website here.