- RT @StaffsPolice: Staffordshire Police v NYPD in Transatlantic Battle of the Badges! socsi.in/8lfiY 1 day ago
- RT @laurenlaverne: Just heard about Mr Egg. Gutted for you, #Birmingham. 2 days ago
- Wow! Great news, Mel... twitter.com/writermels/sta… 4 days ago
- @TardellisScream yeah, I'm 200 pages in and have been hooked from the first pages. Bet he's upset a few... 5 days ago
- Staggering amount of research gone into Bruce Robinson's They All Love Jack. Fascinating read... 5 days ago
Category Archives: Uncategorized
I had the fantastic news today that my novel Garage Flowers has been selected as the winner of Madeleine Milburn Literary, TV and Film Agency’s ‘Make Us Scared’ competition. The official announcement is on the agency website here. I’m delighted … Continue reading
I’m delighted to have a piece published in Silver Apples magazine. The piece is about our experiences of driving in Europe and the pressures, but ultimately rewards, of a family holiday. Small, negotiable payment is required to view but please … Continue reading
My short story Trials, which concerns the daily life of a struggling games teacher Mr Hartshorne, is the Editor’s Choice on Platform for Prose. It can be read – and commented on – here. If you have a story why … Continue reading
There is a permanent display of Kyffin Williams’ work at Oriel Ynys Mon. It’s always a pleasure to visit the gallery and I particularly enjoy his seascapes of Anglesey and Holy Island. For info visit here.
My short story ‘Trials’ is all about the suffering of a games teacher who never quite made the grade as an athlete. It was inspired by memories of cold, wet cross country runs, scratchy nylon kit and learning to lose … Continue reading
Our French trip in Hautes Alpes is now online in the Guardian here….
In 2013 I won the family section of the Guardian readers’ travel writing prize for a piece about Robin Hood’s Bay which can be read here. We won a week’s trip to the French Alps courtesy of Undiscovered Alps and … Continue reading