- RT @StaffsPolice: Appeal for witnesses following a serious hit and run involving a mother and daughter in Stoke-on-Trent last night https:… 2 days ago
- RT @chinnyhill10: Very sad to see the statue of Barry Stuart-Hargreaves removed. https://t.co/CDuppoPgHV 2 days ago
- RT @CrapLocalNews: Breaking news: https://t.co/AVb5mCZAW7 2 days ago
- @OneEyeGrey dreadful to see. Hope your day gets better... 2 days ago
- @sharplespesq they always seemed to be from Hull or Doncaster too.. 4 days ago
Category Archives: Travel
Thanks to English Heritage for picking up my Day Out in Shropshire piece on their Facebook page here. Boscobel House is a great place to visit with a fascinating story….
A piece I wrote about a perfect day in Shropshire The sun sparkles on the Severn. Rushing waters fetched down from the Welsh mountains shimmer as they twist and turn beneath us. We’re standing on the Ironbridge built in 1779. … Continue reading
In the last blog I mentioned Kyffin Williams. We try to visit Oriel Ynys Mon whenever we can and enjoy his work immensely. But there are other excellent works on show including the wildlife art of Charles Tunnicliffe. Last summer … Continue reading
Newborough Warren looking over to Lleyn. I’ve written about this place so many times. It’s getting more popular but we went again a few weeks ago and had so much space to enjoy. In the dunes with the scent of … Continue reading
OK, I know (and its form is already changing) but this shows how clouds take on strange shapes and fire the imagination…. This was taken over Snowdonia (from Anglesey) on August 8.
We’ve spent a lot of time on Anglesey and on a recent return to Penmon I saw a man in the distance who appeared to be working on a huge canvas. Instead it turned out to be a walker looking … Continue reading